Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Spring
Spring is a great time to visit the Big Island, in part because there are fewer travelers. Other pluses: Lush flora and lower temperatures that are ideal for outdoor exploration. As well, it's usually possible to see migrating humpback whales. Here are a few ways to make the most of spring on the island.
- Chase waterfalls or hike lush valleys on the Hilo side of the island.
- Go sailing and snorkeling along the coastline.
- Go whale watching and look for migrating humpback whales.
- Soar above the island on a helicopter or small plane tour.
- Explore Hawaii Volcano National Park with fewer crowds.
- Snorkel or scuba dive with manta rays at night.
- Experience the culture and the cuisine of the islands at a luau.
- Go sport fishing for marlin and spearfish.
- Sample Kona coffee at its source on a plantation tour, and see red and green coffee berries.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Spring