Snorkeling with Manta Rays on the Big Island of Hawaii
Snorkeling with manta rays on the Big Island of Hawaii offers a peek at one of nature’s great ocean creatures. Swimming alongside a fully grown manta is akin to flying with a massive, underwater bird, and here are the best way to experience it on a manta ray snorkeling tour.
Swim alongside rays with wingspans of up to 16 feet (five meters).
Watch a Hawaiian sunset before hopping in the water for an unforgettable swim.
Experience Hawaii’s underwater world and marine life at night, when mantas come to feed on plankton that accumulates just off the Kona coast.
Learn about manta rays, their habits, and the environment in which they live.
Combine your manta ray night snorkel with a sunset cruise on Keauhou Bay or a guided kayaking tour.
Things to Know
Most manta ray night and sunset snorkeling tours depart Kailua-Kona or Puako.
All necessary snorkeling equipment is included.
Depending on which manta ray tour you choose, amenities might include warm water for rinsing off, drinks, snacks, and souvenir photos of the experience.
Snorkeling tours can last anywhere from 60 minutes to four hours, depending on the selected experience.
Snorkel tours often include hotel pickup and drop-off.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
- Snorkeling with Manta Rays on the Big Island of Hawaii